View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 CCS Race report September 3-4 2017 
Assholio Supremo

What I ride: Look over there ---------->
Post CCS Race report September 3-4 2017
"Conquering the demons" - Way overdue CCS race report from NJMP..

The weekend started out wet and dreary but promised to clear up for Sunday - since I wasn't in the points chase, I sat out the rain races and focused on Sunday. I read that there were 50+ crashes on Saturday alone, and there were plenty on Sunday morning as well.

ASRA Sportbike was first up.. My first race at NJMP since my big crash last year. Off my game by a few seconds, but kept it clean to bring home an 8th. Thought I was DFL (dead fucking last), but apparently someone was either behind me, or was a DNF.

Middleweight F40 was a blast. Got a much better start, and has some racing with Joe Ribeiro before he took a well-earned 2nd, but keeping me on the podium for a 3rd place!

Middleweight GP was shaping up to be another top 10 until I grabbed 1st gear (instead of 2nd) heading into turn 1. Thank goodness we had dialed out more engine braking the week before, because the bike got pretty squirrely going into T1, but I was able to stay on-track and mostly on-line. When the back end started oscillating around, I said to myself "Shit, here we go again!", but then just stayed calm, pulled the clutch a tad and gave it a little throttle to neutralize everything, went through the corner, and then got back into the correct gear. Unfortunately, the pass I was setting up to make was missed, and I also lost a spot, ending up 11th, but it felt *good* to conquer the demons lurking from that turn last year..

Everyone was a few seconds off, between a combination of a bunch of oil-dry through T3, and the track being "green" after so much rain.. I was happy to get back to a 1:30, but REALLY would have liked to see a 29. I'm losing time on the front straight - I roll off too early and brake too soon. With the engine braking dialed back, I can now safely start braking at the 4-board (realistically even later), but I'm still rolling off before the 5 and braking at the 5. Oh well, baby steps.

I've got some video that needs to be uploaded.

And the thanks:
I was super happy that Nicole was able to spend her birthday weekend at the track with me, and she's the best crewchief / doggo-mom / cheering section ever!
MDM Metric Devil Moto LLC had just the right Pirelli's for the weather and the suspension was perfect!
I didn't need anything from Trackside Parts Club this weekend, but MANY other racers did, and they're a true asset to the community!
Evolve GT Track Days - Just the best damn track day club around!
Hazardous Racing keeps me protected with the custom-fit leathers
DC Paintworx & Drippinwet.com - Would ya just LOOK at it! - Keeping the GrrR6 looking awesome!
Hang-Dry - How else can you dry a rain-soaked race suit at the track?
Woodcraft Technologies kept the tires HOT even in the chilly weather and the Hindle exhaust is super lightweight.
All the Championship Cup Series, CCS/ASRA staff, corner workers, and safety crew - Without you all, our bunch of adrenaline-fueled egomaniacs couldn't go out and do this incredible sport we love.

'06 KTM XC-W 200 - braaap!
'14 Zuma 155 - Yeah, it's striped, too.
CCS Expert #128
EvolveGT coach #128

Thanks to my 2017 sponsors! METRIC DEVIL MOTO / PIRELLI TIRE | SCORPION | WOODCRAFT | VORTEX | PARTS CLUB | HAZARDOUS RACING
GET IT!!! http://www.richquinlan.com

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Assholio Supremo

What I ride: Look over there ---------->
Post Re: CCS Race report September 3-4 2017
Holding for videos

'06 KTM XC-W 200 - braaap!
'14 Zuma 155 - Yeah, it's striped, too.
CCS Expert #128
EvolveGT coach #128

Thanks to my 2017 sponsors! METRIC DEVIL MOTO / PIRELLI TIRE | SCORPION | WOODCRAFT | VORTEX | PARTS CLUB | HAZARDOUS RACING
GET IT!!! http://www.richquinlan.com

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
AMA superstar

What I ride: ferris zero turn
Post Re: CCS Race report September 3-4 2017
Good stuff, Rich :popcorn:

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]