View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 need a second set of stands.. 
Assholio Supremo

What I ride: Look over there ---------->
Post need a second set of stands..
Looking for a pair of inexpensive but decently made fork and swingarm (spool) stands, ONLY for use in the garage... GO!

So far one person said T-rex, another DMP, an then there's always the Moto-D camp, but .055" tubing isn't thick enough for my tastes. I just wish I could find specs on these damn things.

I know, I know, just buy another set of PitBull stands.. but my free cash is kinda tight right now, and $130 is looking a lot more appealing than $300. Anyone have a line on some used ones? Just need a universal fork stand and spooled rear stand..

'06 KTM XC-W 200 - braaap!
'14 Zuma 155 - Yeah, it's striped, too.
CCS Expert #128
EvolveGT coach #128

Thanks to my 2017 sponsors! METRIC DEVIL MOTO / PIRELLI TIRE | SCORPION | WOODCRAFT | VORTEX | PARTS CLUB | HAZARDOUS RACING
GET IT!!! http://www.richquinlan.com

Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Sharp-Sighted Shooter of Substantially Separated Steels (but can't hear shit)

What I ride: CBR1000RR
Post Re: need a second set of stands..
Since it's "garage only", I don't imagine weight is a consideration.
Woodcrafts are light. My rear was $110 plus shipping from Woodcraft, the fronts are $130. You might prolly could find both for $240 w/o shipping from a distributor.

Woodcrafts aren't overly stout like a Pit Bull, but I trust 'em to be nearly as stable. I don't trust any front stands that lift from the axle but I do own and use 'em.
Woodcraft uses the pin style front stand that lifts from the triple clamp. Bikes don't seem able to fall off the pins :D and more in-depth front-end maintenance can be achieved with the pin type.

One nice thing about the Woodcraft rear stands, there's not a big handle sticking out getting in the way of your feet or creeper. That makes 'em pretty garage friendly. The fronts aren't as invisible but still better than the big handle types.

:fencing: I've used all kinds of stands and wouldn't have a problem buying a known brand with a reputation, even if it costs a few dollars more. My opinion on all the Chinese shit(I assume that's where the cheap stands are made) is that it's glorified backyard machining. Crap compared to the dedicated stand MFGs.
But, hey, if you think your thousands of dollars worth of equipment being supported by a dimes worth of shit engineering and materials is an acceptable risk...I won't say i told ya so. ;)

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:26 pm
Assholio Supremo

What I ride: Look over there ---------->
Post Re: need a second set of stands..
What happened to the post about the red line ones?

Sent using Tapatalk while driving, eating, and reading the newspaper..

'06 KTM XC-W 200 - braaap!
'14 Zuma 155 - Yeah, it's striped, too.
CCS Expert #128
EvolveGT coach #128

Thanks to my 2017 sponsors! METRIC DEVIL MOTO / PIRELLI TIRE | SCORPION | WOODCRAFT | VORTEX | PARTS CLUB | HAZARDOUS RACING
GET IT!!! http://www.richquinlan.com

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]