View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 R6 track bike 
Sharp-Sighted Shooter of Substantially Separated Steels (but can't hear shit)

What I ride: CBR1000RR
Post Re: R6 track bike
RiderX wrote:
I found that most of the heat was coming from the roof and not the walls.

My trailer has an insulated roof, no AC. I don't spend much time in the trailer during the day but when I need something, water/snacks/fuel, I'm not uncomfortable fully dressed to ride as I go about rootin' through the trailer. (Cornerworkin' has me on the run all day.)
Depending on the venue, I tend to leave the side door open and, barring inclement weather, the roof vent is always open when parked. It only gets hot inside when air doesn't flow. The vent alone is not enough. Sometimes the vent and side door aren't enough and I'll either swing the tail open or suck it up....depends on how long I'll be hangin' out.
For my purposes, it's been acceptable. Perceived ambient temp fluctuations - coming straight off the track, hot and sweaty, and not climbing into an icebox between sessions or at lunch keeps a fairly steady balance. Can't suffer too many heat cycles, ya know? :D

Carpet...permanent installation or removable?

Suck it, J-Rod. :beer:

<edit> Positioning of the trailer relative to the Sun's and tossin' the EzUp on the sunny side helps to keep a great deal of the radiant heat off the wall. (Don't always have that freedom.)

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:03 pm
AMA superstar

What I ride: Yamaha Fz8
Post Re: R6 track bike
funfred wrote:
RiderX wrote:
I found that most of the heat was coming from the roof and not the walls.

My trailer has an insulated roof, no AC. I don't spend much time in the trailer during the day but when I need something, water/snacks/fuel, I'm not uncomfortable fully dressed to ride as I go about rootin' through the trailer. (Cornerworkin' has me on the run all day.)
Depending on the venue, I tend to leave the side door open and, barring inclement weather, the roof vent is always open when parked. It only gets hot inside when air doesn't flow. The vent alone is not enough. Sometimes the vent and side door aren't enough and I'll either swing the tail open or suck it up....depends on how long I'll be hangin' out.
For my purposes, it's been acceptable. Perceived ambient temp fluctuations - coming straight off the track, hot and sweaty, and not climbing into an icebox between sessions or at lunch keeps a fairly steady balance. Can't suffer too many heat cycles, ya know? :D

Carpet...permanent installation or removable?

Suck it, J-Rod. :beer:

<edit> Positioning of the trailer relative to the Sun's and tossin' the EzUp on the sunny side helps to keep a great deal of the radiant heat off the wall. (Don't always have that freedom.)

There is floor grip additive on the paint, the carpet is just laid in there for now, it doessnt move with the gritty floor paint and makes it nice to walk on with bare feet.

Looks like roof top AC and insulated walls and ceiling will be the go too.

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9